Day 5 of the #GGBlogChallenge and I’m not going to lie, blogging today was a struggle. Today I’m writing about burgers for two reasons. The first is that I LOVE a good burger, the second is that the day 5 topic is “Name an activity that you love doing.” so I am writing about eating burgers.
Burgers are the way to go in Melbourne, it seems like every month there is a new place opening and I have a need to try them all. I would say on average I eat 5 burgers a month and at least 2 of those are somewhere new.
What makes a good burger place?
Mark and I try a lot of burger places, he likes to rank them in a top 5 and top 1o fashion. I like to eat many burgers and generalise to top 10 and top 100. The key things I look for when picking a burger place are as follows.
- Do they offer a beef option in both single and double patty?
- Is truffle mayo available? (My current fave)
- Can I see ‘Double Cheese’ anywhere on the menu?
- Do they have an internal bathroom? Burgers are messy!
- Are there alcoholic beverages also available?
- Does it look good in Instagram posts? (Marks Addition)
Currently my favourite burger has been from Brother Burger and the Marvelous Brew. I can’t explain why but it was so damn good even though we were attacked by a bee at the time. I also like the Juicy Lucy from Panned Pizza, stuffed with cheese it is the burger dreams are made of.