Working in retail there is one thing I see every single day that makes me feel really sick. People using make-up testers on their face as if the product was their own. Testers are there for people to test the colour and texture of a make up product on a part of their skin that is similar to the face like the back of the hand or the inside of your wrist.
Every single day I see females and occasionally males applying a tester to some part of their face, Lipsticks are the most common make up tester used and eyeshadow follow closely behind. Although I would love to stand there and clean each and every tester on a daily basis I know that it’s not possible.
Here are 5 reasons why you shouldn’t testers on your face.
- BACTERIA. I am not talking about dirt, I’m talking about E.Coli the type they find in faeces.
- In a test run over 2 years by Rowan University, when testers were swabbed four times on a Sunday 100% of sample swabs taken were found to be covered in bacteria (Rowan University).
- Herpes. That’s right, you can get at STI from lipstick, if someone with a cold sore uses the tester and you make the same mistake it is possible to get herpes.
- Mould. Yep. Mould. that stuff that grows on old food and in the shower also breeds and grows on in store testers.
- Staph Infections. From pink eye to boils and blood poisoning you can pick up a staph infection as easily as you pick up that bright green eyeliner to test out.
Hopefully now you understand why watching someone use a tester in any store makes me feel sick. Someone willingly spreading bacteria and potential infection all over their face is more than I can handle.
Have you watched someone use a tester or have you used one before? Let me know in the comments