I am slow at getting around to things in my personal life. I graduated well over 6 months ago and there is a lot of after graduation things I haven’t gotten around to yet.
This week I had some time off and I finally sat down and did these 10 things.
10 Things To Do After Graduation.
- Sell any textbooks you can. Those books are expensive so if you can get something back for them do it as soon as you can.
- Throw out the remaining text books. If you can’t sell them no one needs them, donate them to charity just in case.
- Frame your certificate. Don’t let it hang around in its plastic pocket. Put it in a frame it’s the most expensive piece of paper you own.
- Work out a payment plan for you student loans. Don’t wait until tax time comes or they come knocking on your door. Pay them back as soon as you can.
- Buy a car that isn’t a bomb. Chances are you’re still driving your very first car that you saved as much as you could for and its a piece of junk. Get a car that will get you from A to Z with a stop at E, J and N in the middle.
- Learn how to cook 2 healthy meals. It is surprising how much time you no longer have and how awful you feel after eating macca’s for every meal for a whole week.
- Join LinkedIn. I hope you have already done this by now however if you have put this off get on and start recommending people you know for their skills.
- Set up job notifications on job hunting websites so that when a new job is posted in the field your qualified for comes up you’re onto it straight away. Make sure they are also jobs that interest you, nothing is worse than a job you hate.
- Upgrade your clothes. Ripped jeans and threadbare tee’s are all good at uni but in the workplace it just looks sloppy and unprofessional.
- Make a plan to look after you. If you’re jumping into the workforce or still looking life can get draining. Put in place a plan to look after you mentally and physically. You won’t regret it.
All of these have come from my own learnings after I graduated. Let me know if you have learnt anything from your graduation below!